Re: Barcodes?

On Thursday 15 November 2001 18:10 pm, Craig Callander wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of barcode readers for PC?
>
> Im looking for something that will connect to serial port of a PC, and
can
> read barcodes on food/grocery products. The idea being that empty
> cartons/tins/etc are scanned before being thrown away, and a shopping
list
> is automatically created for internet shopping. It could also be used
> check the items when good arrive.

I got a friend of mine in the states to mail me over a CueCat when they
were
all the rage, it's still sitting here waiting to be put to use, but it does
work.

I plan to write an app that does a complete house inventory (Keiran, you
still interested?) for DVD's, CD's Vids etc as well as groceries. Have a
look
at "My Vision" at http://www.smgsystems.co.uk/ha
for an idea what I'm
aspiring toward.