Re: CCTV - WinTV Capture Cards

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 14:55, you wrote:

> I'm in the same boat Dan.
> I'm sure I saw a PCI capture card with 4 composite inputs once. It was
> cheap to, but can't think where I saw it!
>
> I would be interested to hear what others are doing. 2 (or more) TV
capture
> cards sounds like a problem waiting to happen.

There are a bunch of cards with multiple inputs. Mostly they're a single
channel card (usually based on a Brooktree chip, the bt848 if I remember
correctly) with a multiplexer on the input. Such a card will capture frames
>from
frames from a single camera: the multiplexer effectively disconnects the
camera and reconnects the next one, just very very quickly ;) Again, if
memory serves, the multiplexer functionality is part of the bt848 chip, so
they're all capable of it, but obviously some manufacturers make cheaper
single input cards.

I got my capture card from http://www.atmltd.co.uk/, which has a
bunch of
extra stuff on there for relay control and PIR activation. I've seen
cheaper
quad-input bt848 capture cards in CPC for around 50 quid.

HTH

ant
--
ant@xxxxxxx                   /\/\                  www.ant.org