Re:Cannibalising Mini-timer

Best of luck with your test Graham :o) I also wanted to run them 24/7 but
due to
them achieving the same status as "rocking horse sh*t" I gave up
on the idea
(I didn't like the thought of no replacements).

I seem to remember that I had the back light on and when I checked into the
failure
I found that the output side of the transformer (the one on the high
voltage
PCB) was open circuit. So it could be that you need to have the back light
off?

Vince

Graham> OK, in the interest of science, I am going to leave an ePOD on
for 24
Graham> hours to see if it dies. I am certain I have accidentally left
one on
Graham> like this before, but I may be mistaken. This is not a purely
Graham> magnanamous gesture, it is essential for the proposed use of my
ePODs
Graham> that I be able to have some turned on full time. As for the
'screen
Graham> saver', I intend to have my units pointing at a web page that
refreshes
Graham> itself every couple of minutes and shows a random picture each
time, it
Graham> could equally well be set to show the time in a random position
each
Graham> time.

Graham> Graham