RE: [OT] RAM Prices

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] RAM Prices
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:25:45 -0000

Yup ... was pricing up memory (plus other components) for the brother in
law
to take back to South Africa to upgrade his PCs and I was suprised to find
that ebuyers memory prices had gone up. Still, apparently we are still
paying about a third of what they do out there for "up to the
minute" kit.

Charlie (brother in law) was telling me the other day that he had bought a
PC from a local computer dealer and the hard disc had failed after 13
months
.... the hard disc manufacturer used to give a 3 year warranty on the
drives
and so as the PC itself was just out of warranty he called the
manufacturer.
The manufacturer took the serial number for warranty purposes and called
the
police who turned up at Charlies door as the drive was from a stolen batch!

Phil