RE: Personalising the HA PC

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Personalising the HA PC
  • From: "Aidan Williamson" <fluff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:59:38 -0000

> I want to create a custom "interface" for the HA PC. I am
not
> really keen on
> the generally available "agents" available so when building
the PC I named
> it Holly (after the computer in Red Dwarf) with it's backup named
> Hilly (his
> girlfriend IIRC). Anyway, I forget the girl's name that played Holly
after
> the sex change but ideally I want to build some kind of agent based
around
> her. Open the door to Node 0 and have her sitting in the middle of the
> screen kind of thing and maybe even appearing on the TVs around the
house
> for announcements.  Hopefully I can grab enough of her voice from
> the series
> to create a reasonable voice system with some odd as is quotes for
strange
> events.
She's Hattie Hayridge, popped up in a few things so may be able to grab
some
qoutes from them. If memory serves (and it rarely does) she's a standup,
but
don't know if she's relesed any of it. Limited list @
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Hayridge,+Hattie

Don't know anything about the tech, but http://www.agentland.com/ might be
useful. What would be nice would be a 'skin'able agent core so you could
overlay your own designs, and scripts. Skin community would probably throw
up some cool ones.

Aidan

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx