RE: Relay Control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Relay Control
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:52:21 -0000

Hey guys ... don't know whether this would be appropriate but I was
shown a relay system that Li had up and running just the other week.

He had a separate controller PCB and 8 relay board and I was suggesting
that the controller board be extended to handle two relay boards (16
relays). He was talking about switched on/off operation plus also
momentary working. The controller board that I saw was an X10 board but
since its separate to the relay PCB then other interfaces should be easy
enough to run up if the requirement is there. (Serial, parallel, 1-wire
etc.)

I have no idea on pricing or how close it is to being a saleable product
but maybe if there's enough interest here then Li might have more
information...

Phil

X10
> > addressable 12V power supply from
> > http://www.letsautomate.com/10681.cfm?cfid=1286&cftoken=7615
activate
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/relays.htm

> > The addressable power supply would effectively waste a whole
housecode
> but
> > it is quite a bit cheaper than a powerflash module.
> >
> > Justin.

failure
/
> > > SWMBO not wanting to use the PC method!
> > >
> > > Anyhow my question is - is anyone away of a Circuit board
that
would
> > > allow me to interface the PC with a series of Relays? - I
have
looked
> > > at one on http://www.quasarelectronics.com/computer_projects.htm
> > >
> > > But this relies on you being able to tell it how long you
want to
> > > have the switch held open for (you have to set a delay
parameter
in
> > > seconds). I was more hoping for a circuit that could be told
> > > switch on, and then switch off - a la X10. - Otherwise I
will use
X10