Re: Car Heater control ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Car Heater control ?
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:24:14 -0000

Preheating car radiators, so that the car itself starts quickly and
the interior warms up fast, is common practice in Nordic parts and
also in some parts of the states. Ericsson's staff carpark on the
outskirts of Stockholm even has one power outlet per space. The
socket normally pokes through the radiator grill. The heaters are
relatively low wattage, so running cost should not be an issue.
Shouldn't be too difficult to find a supplier, I would have thought.
(Didn't one list member recently move to Malmo?)
Patrick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Steve Morgan" <steve@s...> wrote:
> You're quite right. Kenlowe do have this system. Also look for
rather more
> expensive systems from Webasto and Eberspacher that are fuel-fired
and hence
> can be used away from a mains supply.
>
> Cheers
> Steve

heater
circuit
> that kept the water warm. Giving you instant heat from the car
heater and
> fuel ecomny improvement. >>
>
> I believe it was kenlowe who produced that.  Not sure if it's still
> available, but running a mains lead to your car is a bit
inconvenient for 5

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx