RE: Re: All Lights On/All Units Off and Modifying an MT10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: All Lights On/All Units Off and Modifying an MT10
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:14:52 -0000

I know this is going to be unpopular, but I have to speak up in defence
of Mark Hetherington!

Phil wrote:

"Mark, you seem very keen to nail someone who certainly should know
what
they're talking about ... Li knows X10 and X10 products inside out and
has produced some great "enhanced" units that I couldn't do
without."

Phil - I _have_ kept the messages, and Mark Hetherington was very
reasonable and moderate in all his messages on this thread until Li
wrote:

"You obviously are unfamiliar with the X-10 protocol requirements and
perhaps electronics circuits in general."

I read that message and sat their shocked at the way Li, who until now
has come across as a sensible, moderate guy, laid into Mark
Hetherington... If Li had written that about me then I'd have been VERY
pissed off. I have certainly posted several stupid technical things on
the list, and gotten a far more polite explanation of what I hadn't
understood, and what I should do instead.

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher