Re: (ukha_d) (OT) Second hand PCs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: (ukha_d) (OT) Second hand PCs
  • From: chris@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:06:48 +0000 (GMT)

peter.white@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Guys
>
>Any of you know a good (preferably online) source for 2nd-hand PCs?
It's for
>one of the family who'll only need it for surfing and occasional
Word/PowerPoint
>stuff, so something around a P600 or thereabouts.
>
>Thanks
>
>Pete

P600's are not yet common on the refurbished market.  The only company
I know that has them available is Mikrolive.  P400's are generally
readily available especially if you are prepared to wait until the right
deal comes along.  Keep an eye on the uk.adverts.computer newsgroup.
Try the following (in no particular order):-

www.used-computers.co.uk  (Paul Brandon has an excellent reputation)
www.mikrolive.co.uk       (Refurbished Acer machines up to Celeron 800's)
www.it-trading.co.uk      (Has low-spec machines up to P166MMX at present)
No website                (Email sales@xxxxxxx, up to P3/450 at present)
www.jtech-computers.co.uk (Prices a little high, but reputable)
www.peripheral-visions.co.uk (Don't know much about them)
www.clonesuk.com          (Mainly laptops.  Excellent reputation)
www.nottingham-computer-exchange.co.uk (Prices a little high)

If anyone knows any other good sources I'm looking for a good deal on
15 x P400's at the moment!

Hope this helps.

Chris.

--