Re: HAI RC-80 OmniStat Thermostat?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: HAI RC-80 OmniStat Thermostat?
  • From: "Richard Passman" <richard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:32:44 -0000

Mark,

I have installed a few of these and here is my take,

They run off a 24V AC supply which you need to provide, and they also need 24V AC relays to switch the heating/cooling/fan on. They have a RS232 interface also but the protocol is a little complicated. Generally they are very reliable but there are some quirks on the setup of them (to do with number of changes per hour etc).

We buy ours from www.worthdist.com, and I just checked and they sell the RC80 for US$112.

Hope that helps, ask if you need any more info.

Richard