Re: On and off topic... recovering a pine table and when Home seerfailed...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: On and off topic... recovering a pine table and when Home seerfailed...
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:58:56 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...> wrote:
> You're welcome to a copy of the script if you want, it might be
useful as a
> starting point.

I would like a copy thanks. Should definitely make a useful starting
point whilst encouraging me to actually install it :)

> BTW, I did email Rich to try to find out about the licensing issues
> regarding running 2 instances of Homeseer, but he never replied

I can't remember the specifics of the license but I imagine they
would be OK with it since only one copy is actually "active" at
one
time even though they are both running. Besides, it might give them
the idea of natively implementing a "backup" mode in the
application.
Let me know if he does get back to you at some point.

> have declined to pass the script up to the HS message board in case
there
> are any objections to me encouraging people publicly to run
multiple copies
> on a single license...

I can understand that and would not distribute it myself for that
reason plus of course the fact that it was your creation :)

Mark.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx