RE: All Lights On/All Units Off and Modifying an MT10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: All Lights On/All Units Off and Modifying an MT10
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:00:09 -0000

> Anyone know the reason why X10 controllers tend to have All Lights On
> buttons but no All Lights Off? All Units Off isn't nearly as useful.
How
> likely am I to want to turn off the entire house?

Surely the "All Lights On" and "All Units Off" are
inmplemented for safety
reasons ... I assume the thinking is that in an emergency you would want to
turn on all the lights to light your way out of the house or to scare away
burglars or if an appliance that was connected to an X10 appliance module
was "misbehaving" (I always cringe at the standard X10 claim of
"You can
have your coffee ready when you get up" as I see the damn thing
running
dry!) then you can kill everything instantly...

....of course you do have to have all of your stuff on the one damn
housecode!

(Whoever thought that 16 devices per house would be enough should be locked
up with whichever dickhead said "640kb is more than enough Mr.
Gates"!)

Phil

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx