Re: OT (again! sorry): How to get rid of dual OS boot?

On Sunday 11 November 2001 12:51 pm, Neil F wrote:
> It's a possibility I suppose...but my 98 install is eons old and
totally
> full of crap ;-) ....another problem I've got is my XP CD isn't
bootable
> and i cant get it to run the setup.exe from a win98 startup disk, so i
cant
> even do a full format and install fresh....me thinks i've got a dodgy
xp

The exe you want is in the i386 directory & is called winnt.exe I
think.
There are two exe's that mention NT, it's one of the two.

Make sure you have smartdrive loaded before you try and run the install. I
created a 98 boot floppy with scandisk, smartdrive, himem, format, fdisk
& a
cd driver. Cleaned off the existing 98 partition & formatted it, then
ran the
XP install.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>