RE: On and off topic... recovering a pine table and when Home seer failed...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: On and off topic... recovering a pine table and when Home seer failed...
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:10:23 -0000

> 1) Had Home seer not crashed, locked up, given up, whatever it did..

Use HomeVision - never had a problem in a couple of years of up time. I
rarely reset it and always because I am doing something else with the power
or whatever. Brilliant product. Anything PC based is inherently unreliable
particularly under MS.

> 2) To be honest 1 would rely on me having used an appliance module and

You can get things like HV to do very intelligent things with sockets. If
you splash out a little more and get the RF receiver with plug socket it
supports status request.

> 3) Mini timers suck as alarm clocks

Not very good as X10 controllers either due to 'very' limited range. In my
case it is feet not tens of feet.

> a ruined table cloth

insurance (if you are claiming anyway)

> The iron is likely damaged beyond repair.

Mine was OK when my daughter burned a very neat hole in the lounge carpet
with ours but if it is suspect anyway get another one.

> recover/restore the damage, please let me know.

The only thing I can think of is skimming the top but it depends on a lot
of
things e.g. table thickness and depth of damage below what you can see.

> house insurance will pay out

They should and did for me in similar circumstances

> should it affect premiums?

It shouldn't but read the small print or phone them up (get it in writing)

DO AS I DO AND WORK HARDER AND PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE IRONING (IN-LAWS
IN MY CASE AND NOT OFTEN ENOUGH)

All the best

Ian