OT - Passing encrypted messages via modified sneaker net - Thoughts?

Dear Automators,
I was wondering what you thought of the idea of passing files and messages
via an floppy disk (yes - I know - a new idea :rolleyes:, but different)
but
without a DOS file system backend. So, for example, you might say that the
first four bytes of the disk contains the file length and then byte 5 to
byte (length+5) is the file. So you could send a zip file containing
encrypted data files, making access difficult to the
"uninitiated".
Thoughts?

Lee Edward Causier.