RE: WAS: Visonic PowerMax... NOW: Supplier demos

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: WAS: Visonic PowerMax... NOW: Supplier demos
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:11:57 +0000

This reminds me of something I've been thinking for quite a long while...

I've been thinking how good it would be if we could persuade certain
suppliers to have demo days for the UKHA group. - How much inspiration
would
we all gleam if we had, for instance, Andy Roberts giving us a demo of a
fully-loaded Comfort system?...

I for one would really appreciate something like this as a source for
ideas,
and a chance to really see what's possible with certain bits of kit and a
little imagination... (and a lot of cash!)

It would also give us an opportunity to have a structured get together...

I know we have had suppliers come to some of our earlier meets, like the
big
London one earlier this year for example, but I think we all saw the truth
of the fact that it is difficult to give good demo's under these
circumstances. I'd much rather go to wherever is required in the country to
see a system installed in its ideal environment. For instance, the only
Comfort system I've ever seen "in the flesh" is my own, and I
know I really
haven't made the best of it. If I were able to see one in operation that is
packed to the gunnels and performing some really useful functions, I'm sure
I'd part with some cash on the spot!

What do others think?

Mark, do you reckon we could make a go-er of something like this?

Paul G.

>From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Visonic PowerMax home automation
>Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:42:17 -0000
>
>Moulton Park.
>
>If you're interested, you're welcome to drop by
>and we'll show you how our system works...
>
>Cheers
>
>Scott

There
>is the regular type of siren which is powered off the PowerMax
directly,
>and
>the SCB type which additionally contains its own NiCad battery so that
even
>if all the wires are cut it still sounds. Depending on the type of
siren
>you
>need to adjust how it is connected to the PowerMax.  This is however
all
>very well documented.

 but your system would work out
>at > £800 from there. Definitely be interested in the software, I
have
>downloaded the manuals already.
>A couple of other questions if you don't mind;
>Does the powersupply plug into a 13A socket (is it just a wall wart)?
>Do you have an external siren - it looks look there might be problems
>powering one.
>
>Thanks again,
>Mark Hopley

PowerMax is
>not nearly as advanced as comfort PowerMax does almost everything I
needed
>it to. The main points for me were:
>

>For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
><http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
>
>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
Terms of Service.

>For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
><http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
>
>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
Service.