Re: BT Openworld Satellite Internet

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: BT Openworld Satellite Internet
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:06:27 -0000

Yep, its certainly not looking as if cheap broadband is ever going=20
to happen.

The only justification I have is that I use the internet a great=20
deal for work. I utilise VPN to the local office, and was just about=20
to install ISDN again.

I get =A3100 a month paid towards the bill via work for on-call, so I=20
can justify it, but it does annoy me that it's like i'm being=20
punished for being 1200 meters away from having an xDSL installation=20
(and thats after the additional Rate-Adaptive increase).
The xDSL boys get a more reliable connection, faster upload and pay=20
half what they are asking for this, and thats not to even go into=20
how much the original outlay is.

Oh well, at least I can't say I no longer "have" a choice, but
now=20
it's just an expensive one.

Regards
Geraint.