OT - Buying a new PC - any advice?

Dear Peoples of the HA,
I currently have been "pledged" £1300 towards a new
computer (some of which
I raised myself) by my grandma, mother, father and a selection of other
relatives. I would like some advice on how best to spend this money - no
pyramid schemes please (Or donating  to your favourite charity - your
wallet) - lol ;-). I want a good PC capable of running games, writing
software in Visual Basic, Microsoft Office work and HA in the future (one
hopes). I await any replies.

Your Sincerely,

Lee Edward Causier.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx