RE: [OT] [BUY] - 1U rackmount server £599 on Scan!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [OT] [BUY] - 1U rackmount server £599 on Scan!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:08:15 +0000

>Still, you need another 300 quid for a couple of CPUs and another 100
for

Hmmm.... you "could" get away with putting just a couple of
900MHz Celerons
in there, at just £52.09 (Ex. VAT) each (from ebuyer.com). I know the
Celerons are hardly the Mutts Knuts these days, but a pair of 900's is
still
going go reasonably well... then it only costs about £120 for 2 CPU's...
You
could always upgrade to PIII's later...

>some disk.  Forget RAM, at these rates, they'll soon be paying us to
take
>it
>away ;)

Or giving it away with packets of Cornflakes or petrol vouchers...

Paul G.