Re: Home Surveilllance Kit Launched

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Home Surveilllance Kit Launched
  • From: fluff@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:57:19 -0000

Because they'll never steal your PC.

Sorry feeling cynical.

Aidan

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> Home Surveilllance Kit Launched=20
> Submitted By: Mark McCall=20=20
>=20=20
> Just received this...
>=20
> "With crime figures continuing to pose a threat to our homes
and=20
property, there's never been a better time to get some protection!=20
Whether you're worried about your car being vandalised, your home=20
being broken into or - most importantly - the safety of your family,=20
Digital Cybermasters' new Home Surveillance Kit is for you. The Home=20
Surveillance Kit is all you need to transform your Windows PC into a=20
sophisticated home CCTV surveillance system!
>=20
> The Home Surveillance Kit includes a high resolution CCTV camera=20
(designed for both indoor or outdoor use), 10 metres (30 ft) of=20
camera cabling, a PCI video capture interface and - most importantly -
Digital Cybermasters' own award-winning InControl Webcam Edition=20
software to tie it all together. With prices starting at =A3129.99 +=20
P&P, the kit is available with either a colour or monochrome CCD=20
camera and - for those who'd rather not open up their PCs to install=20
a PCI capture card - a USB video capture interface.
>=20
> Using powerful motion detection technology, the Home Surveillance=20
Kit can be configured to digitally record video clips of anyone (or=20
anything!) that moves within the camera's field of vision. You can=20
even define a 'zone within the camera image so that the system only=20
records events you're really interested in. Once triggered, the=20
system will also send an email 'snapshot' of what caused the=20
activation to an email address of your choice. What's more, you can=20
even connect into your home across the Internet and view your=20
surveillance camera LIVE and in REALTIME!
>=20
> In addition, the Home Surveillance Kit is fully X-10 compatible so=20
you can also use it as a control centre for a fully automated home!=20
Switch appliances on and off, fade lights and more from the comfort=20
of your PC or even remotely across the net! Using InControl's=20
powerful scheduling features, you can 'program' your home so that X-
10 electrical appliances switch on and off automatically as and when=20
you want them to. Your home can even react to motion detection - if=20
someone walks infront of your webcam, you can program lights to=20
switch on automatically!
>=20
> To purchase the Home Surveillance Kit online, visit the Digital=20
Cybermasters website and simply click on the 'BUY NOW!' button"