RE: Re:Home control center using wireless phones

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re:Home control center using wireless phones
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:41:36 -0000

Hi "no name" :-)

All this sounds perfectly possible. Suggest you look at the
"homeseer"
product review on Mark McCall's site

http:\\www.automatedhome.co.uk

Homeseer can send email messages based on certain events, so it can send
them to an email->SMS gateway. The el cheapo option is to use a free
gateway, or for money you could invest in a "corporate-style"
one.

Several products, such as winivr (also reviewed on Mark's site) could
provide the DTMF control piece.

Alternatively, there are already homes out there that are controlled via
web sites, and even a few that are controlled through WAP.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher