RE: Video Distribution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Video Distribution
  • From: "Robert Welsh" <bob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:41:36 -0000

> why not buy one of the LG tft screens from dixons / pcworld 699
> but have a built in tuner and wil also take composite video
> (scart)

Yep.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in thoughts on this - picking up the LG is
pretty much the conclusion that I've come to.
If I can snag it for 600quid then I should be able to get it past the SWMBO
on the basis of it's "very pleasing aesthetics".

Going down the 300quid LCD monitor route wasn't going to work out all the
much cheaper buy the time you pick up an RF tuner and then a D-Sub
convertor....plus reports suggested the image quality was going to be
sub-par.

Cheers,
Robert