Re: Zoned heating control and HA

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Zoned heating control and HA
  • From: fluff@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:09:40 -0000

Dan,

Would have thought better to keep them a little warmer than that
anyway. If you move any kit into a warmer part of the house from that
cold, to work on or test, would recommoend not turning on until it
has several hours to aclimatise. Recommendations I've been given for
monitors runs to 24 hours as several KV & some condensation are a bad
explosive) combination, The voltage in the rest of the kit will be
much lower, but still best to avoid condensation in live equipment.

We run the machine rooms in my office at 16-18c, but the AC takes
care of any moisture.

Same applies for new kit over the winter. I've seen some fairly
expensive kit go bang when people were too keen & turned it on as
soon as it arrived, it had been in an unheated warehouse overnight &
as soon as the fans pulled in warm air pop.

Not tried, but the low wattage pipe heaters for green houses might be
a thought when very cold.

All my servers are in a tiny box room so have the opposite problem

Aidan

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx