Re: Re: TV

couldn't get anywhere with the URL even with www added
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 11:21 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: TV

Thats the beastie that I use.
Won a lot of awards, and visibly the picture seemed a lot brighter
and sharper than many others I looked at, at the time.

I've had it now for about 8months, and runs beautiful. I mainly use
it just for DVD playback and also for PS2 gaming.

My other choice was the Sony KL50, which is also a nice unit, but I
felt the picture quality was sub par.

Viewing angle is very good for a rear projector system.
Can't comment on the sound as it all runs through my Sony Amp.

Empiredirect.co.uk seem to knock them out at a good price, and I got
a 5year warranty (which I normally don't buy) for about £170.
Well worthwhile on a rear projector. Very expensive to repair so i'm
told.

I'm in Chester, so if you live this way, then feel free to contact
me, and you can come and view in a "proper" environment. Free from
salespeople and big rooms with bad lighting.

Regards
Geraint.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...> wrote:
> I 'm not familiar with that particular model Steve, but rear
projection
> has its ups and downs.

> The Grand Wega from Sony impressed the socks off me FWIW, but some
of
> the others were pretty poor given the price of the things. Go to a
good
> dealer where you can see the sets running, preferably side by side,
and
> take along a DVD or something that you are familiar with so you can
try
> them out. IMO if the dealer won't let you do this then they're not
worth
> dealing with.

> Just my 2p

> K.