Re: LCD > RS232

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LCD > RS232
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:25:58 +0000 (GMT)

> When I was at Phils the other week, I saw a small PIC based LCD RS232
> driven unit. Have you tested these with VFD's?. I ask because the
> other one I tried didn't drive my VFD correctly, and was wondering if
> yours did. My VFD is supposed to use the Hitachi controller chip, but
> doesnt operate correctly.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a VFD? If it uses the Hitachi HD44780
controller, our serial LCD interface should work with it. The PIC serial
LCD display that we have understands VT100 command set and comes with a
20 x 4 lines LCD display. The price is =A335 + VAT. We only have a few left
but can, of course, make another batch if the demand is there. :-)

We are also developing a serial graphics LCD display with RS232, RS422,
buzzer and keypad output for general home automation and server display
use.

> Phil said you were thinknig of making them with a KP interface, any
> news?.

I assume KP means keypad. Yes, a 4 x 4 keypad input is part of the
interface for sending the key presses back via RS232 or RS422.

> Any chance of buying one to try out with my VFD?

Yes, of course. Better still, you can try one out and, if it works, pay
for it. However, the honeymoon boy, Mr. Harris, has got our only copy of
the documentation! He should be back at the end of this week. If the worst
comes to the worst, we do have the source code to refer to.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.