RE: Video Distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Video Distribution
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:06:51 +0000

I just found this on keene.co.uk, bit this one does not include a tuner in
the box... I definately remember seeing a version of this device with a
tuner in it...

<SNIP>
VIDEO TO COMPUTER MONITOR CONVERTOR
A useful adaptor which allows you to view any video source (DVD, VCR,
Camcorder etc) on a standard PC monitor. Very easy installation (no
software
required) just connect and watch, It also features a "loop
through" cable
for your PC so it can be left permanently installed and you can select
between PC or video inputs. The handy remote control gives you controls for
input selection, brightness, contrast, colour and on screen display. You
also get audio line-in and speaker out connections. Unit size 95 x 55 x
30mm, composite and S-video inputs, compatible with NTSC, PAL & SECAM.
Very
handy.
Order code [PCJM] £99.99 (£85.10 ex VAT)
</SNIP>

Paul G.

>From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Video Distribution
>Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:52:59 +0000
>

> > > Sounds like an ideal use for the LG Flatron display I
mentioned
> > > a couple of weeks ago. (I'm still trying to think of an
excuse
> > > for buying one of these).
> >
> >A quick search on the (newly formed) UKHA Archives revealed the
"LG LCD
> >TV/Monitor 15 LE-15A10"
> >That the one you're talking about, Paul ??
> >

>That'll be the chappy!
>

> >Would certainly fit the bill, and be somewhat cheaper than Sharp's
> >offering.
> >
> > > Recently seen this for 650
> >
> >Whereabouts ?? Best I could see was the 800quid mark (inc VAT)
> >

>I initally saw it in Comet, but it was advertised at £800 IIRC, I've
>subsequently seen it in Dixons for £699, and I've seen it online for
£650,
>although I can't remember exactly what site I saw it on, - check out
the
>usual suspects like unbeatable.co.uk et al....
>

> >I'd still be interested to hear any thoughts on using a cheaper
300quid
>PC
> >monitor - which makes we wonder why on earth LCD TVs are so much
>expensive
> >than their equivalently sized PC monitor counterparts ? I mean, a
TV card
> >for my PC is under 50quid....
> >
> >One idea I had was to something like
> >http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/vd-300.htm
to convert the RF to VGA -
> >but
> >this particular one only does S-Video and explicitly "NB:
This product is
> >not suitable for use with LCD and TFT displays when converting a
PAL
>video
> >signal." :-(
> >
> >Robert
> >

>You can do this with an external tuner box, I've seen these advertised
by
>(I
>think) Keene electronics (or it might have been Lektropacks). This was
if I
>recall, a relatively inexpensive box (about £100), containing a normal
TV