RE: Audio/Video distribution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Audio/Video distribution
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 23:11:56 -0000

Hi Quinten,

Most, if not all, satellite receivers will have an "RF
Loopthrough" for the
terrestrial aerial.

What you need to do is this

TV Aerial ----------------- RF IN
Satellite Receiver
Sat Dish ------------------ LNB IN

Sat Recr RF OUT ---------DISTRIBUTION AMP ----------TV1
----------TV2
----------TV3

To do that your TV aerail needs to come direct to the satellite receiver
and
then the output of the satellite  feed the distribution amp and then all
your TV's. That will require 2 additional coax cables from the satellite
receiver to the loft.

If you want to reduce the amount of cable you need to run, then you can use
the modulator you bought like this

TV Aerial - Modulator - Dist Amp - TVs
I__KAT5RX_______cat5cable ____KAT5TX__Satellite

In this example you fit the modulator in the loft before the distribution
amp and feed it from the SCART output of the Satellite using a set of KAT5
modules and a length of CAT5 cable.

There is no way to do it without running some cable. The first option is
the
cheapest. Although KAT5 can feed the signal to the loft for your modulator
you wont see the real benefit of using KAT5 as the picture will be degraded
by the RF distribution. You could run 2 CAT5 cables to the two bedrooms to
gain the maximum benefit of KAT5.

Hope that helps

Keith