RE: Simple temperature sensing

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Simple temperature sensing
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:04:23 -0000

IMO, the cheap way of achieving HVAC control is an HV unit and Dallas
stats. You can then control either the heating/hot water and/or AC
system by simply asking HV to monitor the Dallas stats and bring on
heating or cooling as needed. Or if you get really into it to switch
zones or even individual rooms using motorised valves and the relays on
HV.

Once you get your head round the idea it's not actually that hard I
think, I know what I want to do and how to do it, I just ain't gotten
around to it just yet. Although I do have my boiler's heating controlled
by a relay connected to HV and the hot water system by an AD10 simply as
I couldn't find another relay at the time :-(

K.

<SNIP>