RE: Channelling in walls

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Channelling in walls
  • From: "Paul Smith" <wheelbarrowhandle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:46:34 -0000

> > I'd be very interested in what you think as I was very tempted
myself.
> > Possibly an essential piece of kit for retro-fitting CAT5 and
cabling
> for
> > DIN controlled X10 kit (there - it's deffo on topic now!)
>
> I very nearly baught one of those & and SDS drill to go with it,
but
> instead
> I put the cable down the wall cavity & just baught a great big
drill
bit
> instead.
>
> What are you putting in? anything cool?

Not yet.

A few months ago I got an EBS tool and SDS Plus drill. Since then I have
put in over 20 sockets. I was well impressed with it as you could put in
a socket and as long as the cable came in from the rear no re decoration
to do. SWMBO loves it.

I have just finished the kitchen and have tried many ways of channelling
cables in. I have an air compressor with air hammer which is great but
very dusty. Using the SDS drill with a chisel works better but still not
fantastic.

I saw this and though it looks rather useful. It has just arrived and
it's a chunky thing so should do the job. I have ago after lunch and
report back.

Regards,

Paul

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx