Re: Off Topic Posts - newbie pov

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Off Topic Posts - newbie pov
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:51:23 -0000

Hi Chris,

As Phil has said, not many people have actually integrated their
heating system into their HA systems yet.

When I get a bit more time I can write up what I did for Mark McCall
but it was basically just some remote buttons to his Homevision with
HomeVision controlling a couple of relays wired across his existing
programmer.

No temperature sensing involved....at the moment.

My HVAC "system" consists of individual gas fires in each room
(no
central heating in this house) and too much electrical equipment
giving off heat. During the summer I purchased one of the Homebase
split Air Conditioning units and it has been used most days to cool
the bedroom because it was too hot.

Given diagrams I can work out what to do but dont have any actual
experience in carrying out Heating Automation due to not having a
system myself.

You werent being ignored, its just that most people, like myself,
didnt have anything to reply with.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@y..., Chris Langridge <chrisl@i...> wrote:
> I've read some of these OT posts and there's obviously a problem.
Now, if
> don't want to listen to the social ramble I'll create a filter. But
in a way
> the ramble is part of the spirit of this group. If it creates
bonds, helps
> to get the group to meet up once or twice a year etc - then this is
great.
> I'd like to be a part of this.
>
> BUT
>
> How do I get my question answered? I posted a question about zoned
heating
> control. I know for sure that many of the 'inner circle' have
pondered the
> issue of HVAC integration. But no one so far has contributed to
this thread.
> Lot's of chit chat about OT postings - but none about this genuine
HA issue.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx