RE: RE: Starting a new flood wiring project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: Starting a new flood wiring project
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:37:09 -0000

> My initial cable run plans are currently terminating at 'normal'
> data points
> around the room - i.e. near plug points.  Should I be thinking of
> installing
> any other CAT5 cable at different points for other things - IR or
lighting
> (wouldn't really know what to do with it yet if I did!).  If so where
and
> what do ppl recommend?

Mark McCall and Keith installed CAT5 - though not enough ;) to boxes
situated next to light switches
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/wiring/cable.html
for future use.  On Keith's
recent visit, he used one of the two CAT5 cables to provide push button
control of Mark's central heating through HomeVision from the kitchen and
the master bedroom.

Mark also subsequently installed a couple of CAT5 runs to things like the
CRT projector - should he every decide to motorise it, the task of control
cabling will be that much easier.

The CAT5 cables installed for control (as opposed to data/phone) were all
terminated in Krone boxes last week when I visited Mark
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/krone/index.html
 We also tried, with limited
success, to run IR distribution through the cabling too.  Unfortunately,
there wasn't enough time :(

James H

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx