Fwd: MailID: 1424611 RE: Fwd: To my new friends

  • To: UKHA List <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fwd: MailID: 1424611 RE: Fwd: To my new friends
  • From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:52:38 +0100

An edited forward of the reply I got for my spambusting efforts...

Subject: MailID: 1424611 RE: Fwd: [ukha_d] To my new friends
From: Bellsouth.Net ABUSE <abuse@xxxxxxx>
To: stuart@xxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is an AUTO-REPLY to acknowledge that your mail to the Abuse Department
of BellSouth Internet Services has been received and to give you some
information on our abuse policies and procedures.

<snip>

BellSouth Internet Services does not allow or condone any abuse of our
Acceptable Use Policies, and we maintain a "zero tolerance"
policy towards
spam and network abuse of any kind.  Because we take your complaints
seriously, we investigate each case fully.  Once the investigation is
complete, action in accordance with our policies will be taken against the
offending account. (Please understand that due to certain privacy concerns
and legal restrictions, we cannot share with you the outcome of our invest
gation or the specific steps we take to address your concerns.)

SPAM Complaints

If you are reporting spam, we require the full email header to investigate
the complaint.  We can only assist with spam that originates from BellSouth
Internet Services.  If you received spam that did not originate from
BellSouth Internet Services, please send your report/complaint to the ISP
where the spam originated.  When we receive your complaint, we will
investigate and take the appropriate action even though we may not send you
a personal response – we believe that our response would only add to th
amount of unwanted mail in your inbox.

For more information regarding spam and unsolicited email, point your
browser
to the following location:  http://spam.abuse.net/spam

<snip>

--