Re: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
> Has anyone thought about financing development?
>
> At some point all these suggestions and ideas are (hopefully) going to
> require someone (or several people) to dig into their pockets to buy
> components. Given that this is becoming a "group" project
then shouldn't
we
> find some way of group financing stuff?

Good point.  I think each project should have several 'sponsors'.  Perhaps
once devices/modules start appearing in a useable state, any 'profits' (of
percentage) made from kits etc. should be distributed back to the sponsors
(to a maximum % - we aren't trying to make huge profits - but perhaps those
coming forward with cash should be entitled to a small share of any
success), and any excess going forward to the next project.  Perhaps there
could be different levels of sponsorship - say £20 gets your name in
lights,
£50 gets you a % return (if successful) and maybe £100+ would give you a
larger % return and free rights and/or cost price for any kits etc.
produced....  Something to provoke some thought.....

James H