RE: Audio signal distribution.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Audio signal distribution.
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 01:45:42 +0100

I found the link for the speaker wire made from CAT5, it actually uses
three
CAT5 cables per speaker, all the wires in one cable are joined to make the
connection for the tweeter and all the wires in the other two cables are
joined together to make the woofer connection.

Full details are here http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ffrc_e.html

This is an excellent site for home made HiFi cable and other cheap tweaks.
They also do a good line in debunking some HiFi myths, warning if you spend
100 quid per metre on HiFi cable then you may be upset by some of the
contents of this site. TNT stands for The Naked Truth by the way.

Just one point though, like Keith I stuck with speaker wire for speakers, I
used the same 79 strand for whole house distribution and in my main
listening room I use Cabletalk 3 Biwire (bought before I found this site).
If I was wiring again I would stick with the 79 strand for distribution,
but
might have a go at home made cables for the main listening room. The same
site also has details on home made interconnects (that could certainly have
saved me a lot of money!)

Graham