RE: Ipaq Rom 1.77 available for download

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ipaq Rom 1.77 available for download
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:00:17 +0100

From: Keith Doxey [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 May 2001 09:47
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] Ipaq Rom 1.77 available for download

One of the guys at work had his lock up whilst upgrading.
It is now going back to Compaq :-(

I have a different problem with mine.....
my desktop PC at work has just been changed for a Win2KPro machine and I cannot get Active Sync to detect the iPaq. I know the cradle is fine because it works on the laptop. Putting my iPaq on anyone elses machine it gets detected instantly. No other iPaq can be detected either.

I know that this is really obvious Keith, but you have made sure that in connection settings you've enabled the serial port. I had dreadful problems with Win2k and serial ports, where they would show up in the device manager, but wouldn't talk to anything though. Seems to be OK now.

USB is reasonable now, but it still doesn't like to be connected via a hub.

Until the first successful sync has been done, the Active Sync program will not reside in the system tray. Both com ports work OK and I have compared settings to other identical machines in the office running Win2k successfully with Active Sync.

Help !!!!!

Any ideas ????

Keith

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor