RE: [Project] Home Inventory System

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Project] Home Inventory System
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:03:45 +0100

You know you've been usurped with this one!

Samsung, Electrolux and Daewoo all have fridges with bar code scanners
built
in and are poised to release them! Ariston, (which are crap but they jumped
a lead) have got a full range of stuff that'll talk to a net connection or
WAP phone and run diagnostics etc. They are already available in Italy and
will be here later this year.

The point is, how much use is it for fridges and other appliances, it
actually creates more work, I mean, can you imagine havng to deal with
messages from your fridge, washer etc as well as from HABUY and UKHA_D!
And,
more importantly, will you be prepared to pay a huge premium for it?

K.