[Project] Project Documentation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Project] Project Documentation
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:38:59 +0100

Can I suggest that members of the project (Kieron, I added you earlier)
have
a quick shufty through the sourceforge docs.

https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1

There are several features to the site that might prove handy. The
"Feature
Request" tracker would be a good place to gather. I have created an
example
of how we could use this with the IREDS suggestion.

There's also a task list feature which should be very usefull. The way it
works should be very handy to us, because it see's the whole project as a
set of sub projects, which is exactly what we are.

As I've created all developers as project admins at the moment, have a look
at section 4, project administration.

Also, section 9 might be handy when we actually start to code something. I
think we should agree a code style common to all sub projects and languages
(as far as possible), to keep things simple and easy to read, especially as
I suspect a lot of members of the group are going to be introduced to new
languages, easy to read code is essential to a project where coders are
spread far and wide, and you can't shoot the origional author with a Nerf
gun for writing illegible code :-)