Re: [PROJECT] More project ideas

On Monday 21 May 2001 09:09 am, you wrote:
> Keith
> Have you ever come across Polaris telemetry Microlan system,
> www.polaris-tel.co.uk, they have taken the chip from a Ethernet card
and
> created a small fly lead module that can control a digital signal from
> TCP/IP. Might be worth a look to get some idea's ?

Yes, I've been to one of their trade shows (at Bletchley Park, I actually
went to get a tour of the place, the demo was of secondary importance :-)

The system I saw used Dallas 1-wire stuff, controlled by a 386, with a
built
in ethernet card. It was a mock up of a house, with the system controlling
heating & alarm systems.

I didn't see the item you mention above though, sounds interesting.

)
> [...]
> > 	message was destined for it
> >
> > 	Host (PC) software can broadcast to ALL screens or just
> > specific ones.
> >

> > Project 003AP
> > =============
> >
> > ESWITCH-AV - Ethernet Enabled A/V Switcher
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Change sources via ip
> >
> > 	Good for use with KAT5 units
> >

> > Project 004AP
> > =============
> >
> > EIF-SCAL - Ethernet Interface to Sony Control L/A
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > None
> >

> > Project 005AP
> > =============
> >
> > ERTM - Ethernet Remote Temperature Monitor
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Each monitor can be queried, until it is queried it simply
> > monitors the
> > 	temperature. This revents unwanted network traffic
> >
> > Project 006AP
> > =============
> >
> > EIF-PS2 - Ethernet Interface to Sony Playstation 2 'joypad'
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Interface the PS2 control pad so that it can be controlled
> > remotely and locally
> >
> > 	Mainly for watching movies as the crap IR controller that's
> > available is .. well
> > 	crap.
> >

> > Project 007AP
> > =============
> >
> > EGDC - Ethernet Garage Door Controller
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Open/close and get the status of your garage door.
> >

> > Project 008AP
> > =============
> >
> > ESER - Ethernet to serial port converter
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Use this so that you can put standard serial devices on your
network

> > Project 009AP
> > =============
> >
> > EDACS - Ethernet Door Access Control System
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Never be locked out again!
> > 	Remotely open doors etc for deliveries
> >

> > Project 010AP
> > =============
> >
> > EFD - Ethernet Fire Detection
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Check the status of the fire/smoke detector
> >
> > 	e.g.
> > 		Alarm condition
> > 		Low battery
> >

> > Project 010AP
> > =============
> >
> > EGD - Ethernet Gas Detection
> >
> > Brief ideas
> > ===========
> >
> > 	Check the status of the lethal Gas detector
> >
> > 	e.g.
> > 		Alarm condition
> > 		Low battery
> >

> > --- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell ,1998,1999,2000...and beyond..

,,,
(o o)
Stuart Grimshaw         www.schoolsnet.com          sg@xxxxxxx
Special Projects Developer                            t: 07976 625221
Schoolsnet LTD             .oooO  Oooo.               f: 0870 7060260
\_)  (_/