RE: [PROJECT] More project ideas

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [PROJECT] More project ideas
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 20:01:40 +0100

Andy,

The KAT5 switcher is designed to have a choice of control methods. The main
contenders were going to be...

IR - Choice of a few standard codes so almost any Universal remote could
control it and by having a choice of codes you could avoid clashes.

RS232 or RS485 so most HA controllers could communicate with it.

I hadnt considered a TCP/IP control method because I dont know too much
about the nitty gritty of ethernet protocols but if others feel its a good
choice and someone wants to develop a TCP/IP interface that will be fine by
me.

Keith

)