DIY curtains part II, sourceforge project

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: DIY curtains part II, sourceforge project
  • From: Ant Skelton <ant@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 14:23:04 +0100

I've finally gotten around to building a motor controller for my DIY
curtain opener project, and I'm happy to report that the second
prototype is working nicely. The first prototype did not fare so well,
and bits of it are still embedded in the ceiling. Reminder to self:
always check the polarity. ;)

Anyway, I'm on to phase 3 which is to write the PIC micro code to
control the thing. A large part of this will be a generic TW7223 x10
driver for the PIC, which I'm thinking of doing under the sourceforge
project, as it may well be useful further down the line for other
projects.

Oh, there's also the linux tw7223 device driver that I wrote a while
back. I've been using that quite happily for a year or so and it's rock
solid, but there are a couple of loose ends that could be tied up, and
possibly some front end apps. Anybody interested in that? I'll happily
migrate that to a sourceforge project.

cheers

ant
--