RE: Air Con vs. Heat Exchangers

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Air Con vs. Heat Exchangers
  • From: Mark Harrison <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:35:13 +0100

Steve,

Hopefully you've seen my later email (the third attachment) by now, which I hope will answer your question.

The fourth isn't likely to make it until next week, owing to the combination of my support manager's birthday, a friday, and a jolly good pub ;-)

That having been said, Ian Oliver's comments about using a single valve strike me as possible. I'd been thinking about the "end game" in terms of the phases, and my wife, who has a masters degree in Engineering, has some stuff that I _really_ don't understand about air-conditioner efficiency and temperature gradients on the "out" circuit that I'd built in... it was on that basis that I'd wanted by bypass the heat exchanger "output" side. The bypassing at both ends of the "input" side rather than one was more to do with the practicalities of balancing the airflows, but maybe I've been more concerned with turbulence than was strictly requried ;-)

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher

Kingfisher plc
Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5PX
Registered in England, Number 1664812

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary, any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message
from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your co-operation.