RE: [habuy] Collaborative HA Projects {12}

  • To: "ukha_d Egroup" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>, <habuy@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [habuy] Collaborative HA Projects {12}
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:48:00 +0100

>I think HADEV would be a good idea - the Yahoo copyright thing
>is a definite downer.

I've looked into this a bit more and found the following....

"Q. Will there be any changes to the treatment of content posted to
the
service?
"A.  Yahoo! will not claim ownership to content posted by eGroups
members to
the service. Yahoo!, like eGroups or any other Web service, will need the
right to display, distribute and promote the content you post -- otherwise,
Yahoo! would be unable to provide this service. So Yahoo! will require a
"license". The license that Yahoo! will need will be for the
purpose of
displaying, distributing and promoting your content in connection with the
service. That's it.

"Users will retain the copyright to the content they post. Yahoo! will
not
sell your personal writings in a bookstore or make a cookbook out of the
recipes on your eGroups group. If your group's content is private, Yahoo!'s
goal is to preserve that. Yahoo! has had user-created content on our site
since our inception. Yahoo! builds services for people like you. If Yahoo!
violates your trust, Yahoo! will lose you. That's not good business or good
for Yahoo!"

Seems fine to me?

M.