Anyone tried the DDAR hack yet ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Anyone tried the DDAR hack yet ?
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:15:16 -0000

Been looking at the hack (as below)

-------------------------------
If you just want the audio patch and don't want to figure out
how to build a kernel with cross-compilers, you can just take
the following pre-built kernel:

ftp://ftp.mock.com/pub/arm-linux/zImage-audiohack.gz

Once you've got a new kernel you need to install it.  If you are
using a Windows server you need modify the file mercury.arf.  This
file is a GNU tar archive.  The only safe way I know to modify this
file is to copy it over to a Linux machine, use GNU tar to extract
all of the files from the archive, replace zImage with the kernel
image zImage you just made, and rebuild the archive. The kernel
file must be named zImage.

If you are using a Linux-based server for the receiver then you
just need to copy zImage to the NFS directory the receiver mounts,
usually /tftpboot/hostname.domainame/zImage.

Power cycle the audio receiver and the volume control will work
differently.  Thanks to Hugo Fiennes who suggested that this change
could be made.

------------------------------

Anyone tried it yet ? I want to have the volume control work on the
lineouts, as I have some Cambridge Audio Amps that I was going to
hook up to each DDAR, but these were to be hidden, and then all you
needed to do was select the music, and the volume could be controlled
from the one place....

If anyones tried it, did it work ok ? If no-one has...any Linux wiz
out there,,,the above means little to me,,,i know, i know,,,about
time i played with a linux box, but have so little time...lol

Regards

Geraint.:)