Re: UPS batteries

James

I've also got an old APC UPS in the same state and did ask similar
questions.

I took the thing apart and really didn't fancy the idea of changing the
batteries myself.  It's clearly not intended to be a user serviceable
device
and there's mains voltage in there somewhere.  However I did mail them
about
their 'Trade-UPS' deal and they offered me a very good discount (about 50%
IIRC) on a new similar spec model.

I don't seem to have got round to doing that yet, SWMBO and budget being
the
main reasons...

Prompts me to another question/train of thought:-
Alarm panel batteries are 12v?
PC's run on 12v?
UPS run on 12v batteries but step up the voltage and the PC transforms it
down?
(anybody see where I'm going yet?)
12v rechargeable battery on 12v side of PC transformer?

feasible or not ....

Nick