RE: closed purchasing group list idea

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: closed purchasing group list idea
  • From: <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:31:09 -0000

I agree. I use around 11 groups with Yahoo and I am sure that no one would
be
willing to host them all. Yahoo can be a pain at times but it works, keeps
everything in one place and is broadly known of and so attracts more
traffic.
The need is for a private group for a very limited audience which is
possibly
better on a private server. ALthough that said I think Yahoo do allow for
closed user groups which might be an option.

Mick

Dr John Tankard <john@xxxxxxx> said:

> Just to clarify, I saw not saying I would donate a list to replace
this one
> !
>
> I don't want that volume of traffic going though my server, I was
talking of
> a separate list just for dealing with purchases, which would be
private to
> us. It would not be as fast as Yahoo only posting 4 times a hour.
>
> I am happy to let others benefit from the prices I can get just as
others
> have done but I would not want the messages on open view.
>
> John

possible