Re: closed purchasing group list idea

> I think that the forums are under used becase coolboard can be really
slow

Yep...I have noticed this at times too.

>I too have a dialup link and get a little pi&sed when my machine
dials outb
> ecause of the ads. in Yahoo group messages, ad the ads seem to be
gettingb
>igger and bigger...

This doesn't happen to me for some reason but I can imagine how annoying it
would be!  Does it stop if you turn off HTML in Yahoo ?

> I would (humbly) suggest that if we moved from YahooG
> roups it would need to be lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels. However,
> would certainly hope that whoever ran it would ensure that you had the
> same control as you do over the current groups - I think that that's
onlyf
> air....

Hmmmmm...yes.  Seems to be two issues here.  A new private group as
suggested by John and a re-location of ukha_d to a new service.  Personally
I would not be in favour of moving the list to somewhere that didn't offer
the same level of control for the moderator that Yahoo currently does.
Perhaps it's not perfect but lets remember it is free and has lots of
services and a great web interface that makes my life a lot easier :-)

> If I remember correctly you're hosted by Laser, any chance of getting
themt
> o allow you to run stuff from there?? I would certainly (taking
nothing
> from anyone else here) like to see everything in one place, so that
peoplej
>  ust getting into HA can have a one-stop-shop to get them going.

As you rightly point out automedhome.co.uk is hosted FREE due to the
generosity of Kwong Li from Laser Business Systems (www.laser.com).
However, I wouldn't like to impose further on Li's kindness.  Would people
use forums if they were faster?

Lots of ideas floating around - appreciated everyone's input.

Thanks

Mark