Re: closed purchasing group list idea

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: closed purchasing group list idea
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:05:22 +0200

Mark,

I think that the forums are under used becase coolboard can be really slow-
particularly when our US friends wake up . Do you have space on your=20
server to run a 'local' board? There are quite a number of ready built=20
free ASP message boards available.=20

Please not that I'm in no way trying to be negative about the effort and=20
work that you put into the 'services' you run on our behalf, I very much=20
appreciate all the work you do. I've said it before and I'll say it again,i
f it wasn't for you and your site I wouldn't have known about HA.=20

I too have a dialup link and get a little pi&sed when my machine dials
outb
ecause of the ads. in Yahoo group messages, ad the ads seem to be gettingb
igger and bigger... I would (humbly) suggest that if we moved from YahooG
roups it would need to be lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels. However, I=20
would certainly hope that whoever ran it would ensure that you had the=20
same control as you do over the current groups - I think that that's onlyf
air....=20

If I remember correctly you're hosted by Laser, any chance of getting themt
o allow you to run stuff from there?? I would certainly (taking nothing=20
from anyone else here) like to see everything in one place, so that peoplej
ust getting into HA can have a one-stop-shop to get them going.

As ever, just my =A30.02

A.

"Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
15/05/2001 09:47