Re: OT Widescreen TV

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT Widescreen TV
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:04:56 +0100

I personally wouldn't worry >too< much...

Provided:

It's supplied with exactly the same warranty as a new one
It's supplied with all the original packaging/manuals etc.
You've inspected it thoroughly for damage
You've viewed it with some reference material you're familiar with.

That said, I don't suppose it will have been on display for >that<
long...
Curry's are in the business of flogging stuff as quickly as possible, so I
would assume that "display" kit doesn't stay current for very
long? - I'd be
surprised if it had been on display for more than a few months?... - It's
probably worth checking to see if it has a manufacture date stamped on it,
so at least you'd have an idea when it was assembled. If it had been on
display for a long period of time, then maybe i'd be a bit more wary, -
does
anyone know if these stores turn the kit off overnight, or is their stuff
left on 24x7?

I don't have a great deal of respect for Curry's as a supplier, but the
discount you've mentioned is significant! (significant enough even to make
me swallow my pride!)

As ever, you pays yer money, and you takes yer choice, and this is just me
paying £0.02! - Good excuse for buying a whizzo new telly though!!

Paul G.