RE: Homevision - one more time...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision - one more time...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 23:50:02 +0100

Questions I have asked myself many a time :o)

Currently HV lives in a hallway cupboard along with the MFEB, RCS stat
control and a Zantech block, ASFAIK HV can be connected directly to the IR
block and will TX any IR signals you like - next little project when I get
around to it!

DS1820, I am currently playing with these babies. I have one set up for
outside air temp on about 10M of cable and it works fine, but it is
soldered
to the cable as this was the best way I could see to achieve a good
connection then insulated using the ubiquitous black tape. I know, I know
not ideal but its not an ideal world!

When I started with HV mine was on the Hi-Fi rack and I don't have a
problem
with that, at least you can see what is going on - although that usually
sets you to think "what the hell is that thing doing now?",
followed by
scurrying around loading the software to find out.

Just my tuppence.

K.