Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 10:42 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Bt lines

Campbell,

When I had 2 analogue lines I used to get 33600 on my voice line and usually 40000 on my data line (occasionally 41333).

After upgrading to Home Highway I plugged the same modem (Pace Voice 56) into the analogue port and got 50000 straight away.

Of course I now used ISDN connections but the improvement with the analogue modem was astounding.

Try unplugging everthing else from the line and see if you get a higher speed. If you do then a second line may help. If not, it may just be that you are too far from the exchange.

Keith